Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Blast from my past

I was surfing Amazon last night, just randomly, (Cos I have no money) when I came across this:



It's a new greatest hits compilation by Glass Tiger.

Now I realize most people will not know who Glass Tiger is, or for that fact, who Alan Frew is. (He's the lead singer) But maybe if I mention a song title or two, some memories will be refreshed.

Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
Someday
The Thin Red Line
I'm Still Searching
Diamond Sun

There are a few more if you live in Canada, where the band is mostly from, and had another album released. Alan also has had 2 lovely solo albums I had to fight to obtain.

Anyway, this best of has 2 new songs!!!

New songs!!!

Now if only one darn online store would have sound clips. Oh that would be nice. Amazon Canada doesn't even have em.

Grrrrr.

See Glass Tiger have always been one of my minor favorite bands. I love them to pieces, but they only have 3 CDs. (And now 2 best of compilations, which seems wrong)

One can't devote too much love to that little music, when comparing them to The Moody Blues, Elvis Costello or even Oingo Boingo. (Oh jeepers, did I just mention Oingo Boingo?)

That doesn't mean that I can't feel excitement to know that they recorded 2 new songs and are touring. (Canada...damn and blast)

So if you don't mind.

SQUEE!

There now. I feel much better. Now to add that cd to my growing wish list.

0 comments: