Saturday, February 23, 2008

TV Obsessions

I admit that I don't watch a lot of telly, but when I get an obsession, it does take over. I have two of them now and they are related; Doctor Who and Torchwood. I live for Saturday night when they are on BBC America, and now I've learned that Doctor Who is also on Sci-Fi!

Of the two shows, I love Doctor Who the best. Why?

I think this is as good a reason as any to like Doctor Who better than Torchwood. Mmmm David Tennant. Seriously, some of the aliens out there, that are a bit friendlier towards the Time Lord, should try cloning him. I know I'd take one. I'd probably take two, just in case I wore one out.

He looks smashing in a tux too.

Mind you the guys on Torchwood are lovely to look at too, but none of them really do anything for me. I think its because none of them have that sexy geek look about them that David Tennant has.

And while I'm on the subject of Torchwood, I just listened to a few of John Barrowman's albums. I love him for his flaming, campy behavior and all the innuendo, and he has a lovely singing voice, I just wish I wouldn't have downloaded his Aspects of Lloyd Webber and Reflections Of Broadway albums. The songs he chose were ones that I'm used to hearing sung by other people, and for me his voice, though lovely, falls flat on some of these, especially the songs from Aspects of Love that Michael Ball sang. I'm so glad he didn't do Music Of The Night, I probably would never forgive him for that.

Now that I've gotten that off my mind, I'm going to see if I can find some Doctor Who to watch so that I can prepare myself for Sci-Fi Saturday on BBC America!

0 comments: