Friday, February 08, 2008

Top 5 On Friay - Week 161

From Music Memoirs (for Valentine's Day next week. BLERGH)

Top 5 songs that best say "I Love You"
I'm doing this a bit different...the songs say I love you at least to me.

John Lennon - Woman
If this song doesn't say I love you, I don't know what song does.


Elvis Costello - Still

One of the prettiest EC songs, even though the album its from is far from one of my favorites. If he wanted, he could sing this one to me any day.


Tommy James - Love Words

I fell in love with this song from the minute I heard it. It's one of the songs that give me those warm fuzzy feelings even when I have no one to feel them about. It does have the unfortunate problem of making me think about someone that I would rather not think about though.

Gordon Lightfoot - Inspiration Lady
I dream of someone dedicating this song to me. It may not come out and scream I love you but the words Gordon uses say it better, trust me.

The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
Nothing says "I love you" better than this song, even though I don't like it one bit. This version is from the Hall Of Fame live CD. I do admit to enjoying this song just a bit when it's performed live.

0 comments: