Monday, February 11, 2008

Take The Cold And Shove It

My brain can only focus on one thing this morning, the fact that it's below 10 degrees outside.

I've had it with this weather. I'm sure the rest of the country that's been blanketed with snow for the last month will agree with me. This winter needs to end.

Two weeks ago we had a few days with temperatures in or around 60. That's not fair. The weather shouldn't be allowed to taunt us like that. It's cruel and it's inhumane!

I want spring.

I'm sick of trying to find sweaters to wear. I'm sick of jeans. I'm sick of sleeping with 3 or more blankets. I want to be warm. I wouldn't mind seeing a flower or two either. That would be bliss.

The only joy I had this weekend was coffee and bird watching with the friend that's forcing me to read the Einstein biography. BTW I'm up to 70 pages on that one. Someone should be proud of me, because it's an awkward book and it's not anything that I usually would want to read. However, I don't mind reading it under the millions of blankets, propped up by about 6 pillows.

Still, warmth, I need it and I need it now!

0 comments: