Friday, February 08, 2008

I Was Bribed Into Reading This

I don't think I ever took a bribe to read a book. Usually I'll read anything, no matter how bad it is. I read romance, biographies, cookbooks. You name it, I read it. However, today I was handed a rather odd book to read and I'm already finding it daunting.



It's over 500 pages and a lot of it has to do with his theories and whatnot. To say that I'm a bit terrified of the words that will be ahead of me, is barely touching on fear this book strikes in me. I'm not sure how I agreed to read it, except a good friend of mine is reading it for a book group she belongs to and wants another perspective on it to take to the group.

ARGH!

Why would anyone pick this? I will however get a cup of coffee at Starbuck's if I help and a chance to view a movie I've wanted to see for quite a long while. So I'll suffer it. Who knows, I might learn something, or I might be bored to death.

0 comments: