Sunday, February 17, 2008

Taxes = Done

I felt feisty yesterday and I sat down and did my taxes, which was remarkably easy since I only have one W-2 and one 1099. It's really nice that I can do my taxes for free, because I'm poor. But at this point I don't even care. Why? Cos I'm getting money back!

Can I get a woot! for that?

As long as nothing terrible happens in the next 10 months that money is going to go into a nice savings account so it can grow a little bit and become a down payment on the new car I desperately need and want. I can't guarantee that it will be a brand new car, but it will be a close to new car, hopefully a Ford Focus, because next to the Mini Cooper that's the car I covet most.

The Mini is the car of my dreams, that I'll never have the cash to pay for. The Focus is the car that I can hope to own.

Now I just have to sort out if I can afford to put gas in a new car or pay for the full coverage I'll have to pay on a car that won't be paid off for several years.

So much to decide. Oh and then I'll need a man to come haggle with me when I go to the dealership. Because well, I know nothing about cars and all I care about as far as stuff in the car...would be CD player, automatic transmission and air conditioning that I will probably never use.

I wonder if there's a rent-a-man shop I can go to when I need to start looking at cars, because my dad's getting a bit too old for the haggling.

0 comments: