Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day

Thanks to the bad weather I had today off. What did I do with the blissful time that I had, you might ask.

I made headway in the reading of Einstein. I'm about 100 pages into it. Only about 440 pages to go. Good gravy!

I made brownie's and cookies and read through several of my mother's cookbooks, looking for ideas for new things to make me well rounded, and I do mean that literally.

I pondered how many times in one day I could want to stab myself with a fork because of the stupidity of my father. Let me explain. My dad is almost 82 and stubborn as a mule and hard of hearing. What he doesn't hear, he makes up and that always causes arguments. When he starts the random arguments I reach for the fork. It's to a point where we're all reaching for the fork. It's not that we don't love him. It's that he's aggravating. He'd rather argue than admit he's wrong. Perhaps this is a "Man" thing, but I don't want to group half the world when its not necessary.

I cleaned the space with pots and pans and marveled again at how when you get rid of things and start putting stuff back you have less space than when you started.

I think I'll be happy to go back to work tomorrow.

0 comments: