Monday, February 18, 2008

Sleep, I Had None Of It

If I got 3 hours of sleep last night I was lucky. Between people coming into my house late and other people getting up at ungodly hours of the morning, I'd like to hurt a few members of my family.

I really don't know how I'm going to manage not to fall asleep on my desk at work today.

It doesn't help matters that the weather turned briefly warm and I was roasting last night under my usual mountain of blankets.

So I'm going to be a cranky individual today, a very cranky individual. Me without sleep is not a good thing at all.

At one point I even turned the light on and read about 20 more pages in the Einstein biography. That didn't help! I laid awake until long after 1 o'clock in the morning and at 4 o'clock my father got up and that was the end of any hope I had of sleeping. Why? Because he had to check on the cat. At 4 a.m. I hear Mutchka wailing because he's got his hands in the cat's mouth to make sure he didn't have any loose teeth.

It will be a small miracle if I don't beat the crap out of at least one person today.

Sleep, I want it. I need it. I didn't get any of it.

0 comments: