Monday, February 25, 2008

Concert Tickets From Hell

The Police are coming to Pittsburgh. I'm not fond of them very much. They never were a band that I liked much or wanted to see, however their opening act is Elvis Costello.

WTF!

The are coming to Pittsburgh and the tickets went on sale to the public Saturday.

You don't want to ask me if I'm going, you really don't, but I know you're going to.

NO!

Why not you ask?

Have you seen the ticket prices?

Seats in bugville, i.e. the lawn are $40. Yes $40 to get bitten up alive by every insect known to man and some we haven't identified yet. Good seats are even worse.

Are you sitting down for this?

You need to be.

Pavilion seating starts at $90 and goes all the way up to $200. OMFG! I love my music and I love Elvis, but I'm sorry there are no artists out there worth paying that kind of money for. No one is that good, unless they have found ways to bring people back from the dead and I imagine bring George Harrison and John Lennon back for a Beatles reunion would be a trifle difficult.

But there you are, further proof that the concert gods hate me and that ticket prices are absolutely insane!

0 comments: