Friday, May 20, 2005

Top Five On Friday

You want to play along to? Go here

Top 5 albums released in the last 5 years

1. The Moody Blues - December (released in Oct 2003)



Best Christmas/Holiday CD ever. If you don't have it, you should!

2. Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel (released April 2002)



Though The Delivery Man is good, it doesn't hold a candle to this disc, which in my humble opinion is his best since Blood and Chocolate.

3. Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room (released April 2004)



I bought this one, because Elvis Costello wrote some of the tracks with her. I didn't expect to like it, let alone love it as much as I do. (It's the whole, she married my favorite concubine thing) But oddly I fell in love with the title track and the rest followed. This is my favorite Diana Krall disc. BUY IT! If you don't already have it.

4.David Bowie - Reality (Released Sept 2003)



I buy every Bowie CD when it comes out. This is the first time in ages that I've liked just about every song on one. (Plus the CD artwork is so darn cute!)

5. Duran Duran - Astronaut (Released Sept 2004)



This is there best album since the 80's, it even tops the Wedding Album which is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Top 5 songs released in the last 5 years

1. The Moody Blues - Don't Need A Reindeer

2. Justin Hayward - On The Road

3. Elvis Costello - Still

4. Erasure - Breathe

5. Bernie Barlow - Astral Plane

0 comments: