Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

This week the Take Me Back Tuesday meme is about Mtv. I remember when Mtv was good, when it was more like video radio than the mindless drivel it is today.

So without further adieu, the questions:

Who are the first Mtv VJs that you can remember?
My three favorites were Alan Hunter, Martha Quinn (Miss Du-ran Du-ran) and Adam Curry (God I had such a crush on him and his big mall hair)

Name 3 tv shows that aired on Mtv. (were any of them actually music related?)
Ok, only one of these shows that I'm going to list is music related.
Altv (Hosted by Weird Al, and there were some great musical guests)
Remote Control (The TV Trivia Game)
Half Hour Comedy Hour (Greg Proops was once on this, and damn it, I didn't see it)

What bands do you think would be nothing without Mtv?
Without Mtv most of the new romantic bands would be nothing. But I'll single one out: Duran Duran. Without the exposure of video they definitely wouldn't have started that quasi-Beatlemania-ish frenzy that happened in the early and mid-80's.

Video let the prettiness factor take over for talent in most cases. Thankfully when it came to Duran Duran they did have talent to back things up.

Bonus:

What is your favorite music video?
The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams (Damn video makes me cry every time I see it)and if you go here, you can see that video as well as a few other great Moody Blues videos.

0 comments: