Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Can't Hit Next

Rob posted a list of songs a few weeks back of songs he has to play through every time he hears them. You just can't hit "next" or "forward" when these songs come on.

I was going through my mp3s and I've come up with my own mix of songs that I just have to listen to when they come on. Mind you, there are more than just these, but I think the songs I chose pretty much some up my very favorites.

Nick Lowe - Cruel to Be Kind: From the moment I heard this one, I was in love with it. It's just so damn catchy that you have to love it.

The Monkees - Daydream Believer: What can I say, I was going to marry Davy Jones when I was 5! This is his song, and hey, he's single-ish and living in PA these days. Maybe I have a chance now.

The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams: The first Moody Blues song I ever heard and the video that helped my obsession with the 60's along. Thanks guys! I will stop in the middle of the street when I hear this song.

Three Dog Night - Joy To The World: It's fun! It's poppy! I love it!

The Beatles - No Reply: Basically I could list any of the songs prior to 1967 here. I love the early Beatles tunes and I can listen to those albums over and over, but this is one of my favorites from Beatles 65 (if you're in the US) or Beatles For Sale.

George Harrison - Dream Away: The theme from Time Bandits and just a beautiful, fun song. 3 words for you, I Love George

The Wallflowers - Three Marlenas: Can't explain why I love this one, but I do.

Justin Hayward - The Way Of The World: Gorgeous Man. Gorgeous Video. Gorgeous Song.

Duran Duran - Ordinary World: Best Duran Duran song ever. I don't care if all the Taylors weren't in the group when it came out. This is Simon's best.

The Hollies - Look Through Any Window: The British are coming! I love 60's Britpop, in case you hadn't noticed

Paul McCartney - Listen To What The Man Said: It's the wonder of it all baby...yeah yeah yeah.

Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me: Whine Robin whine! No one does it quite like Mr. Zander.

Erasure - Reunion: One of my best friend's gave me a copy of Wonderland back in the early 90's, and this was the song that I played over and over until the cassette was ready to die. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the tracks, but I can't deny my love for Erasure.

Rod Stewart - Downtown Train: I almost bought the Storyteller boxset because of this song. Thank god for highlights discs!

John Lennon - Nobody Told Me: John returning to his snarky best. Mark Chapman be damned for taking away the man when he was returning to top form! I hope he never sees parole!

John Lodge - Street Cafe: Nope it doesn't make any sense, but it's a Lodgey song and one I absolutely adore. When it comes on, I bop along to the music and wish I were in the video with the sexy beast known as John Lodge.

Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better: Did I mention loving 60's britpop? I think so.

And here's a zip file of all the songs

clicky here
(download will be available for 7 days)

0 comments: