Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A Veritable Squeefest

Last night Duran Duran were on Jay Leno. Tonight Elvis Costello is on Jay Leno. I don't know if I can handle that much musical prettiness two nights in a row.

I almost missed Duran Duran too. If my mother hadn't been watching downstairs I would have gone to bed. Thank god for moms. I haven't had much to squee about lately, and everyone needs a good squee now and then, and now I'm going to go overtime on squeeing.

I was really impressed by Duran Duran. Reach Up For The Sunrise sounded really great live and Simon just looked so happy. He looked like he was having a really great time. That's something we haven't seen in a long while.

I'm glad.

Astronaut is a fab cd. I know it won't do well in this country, because for the most part we have crap taste in music here, but truly it's worse checking out.

I think Duran Duran deserves to be remembered as more than just an 80's band that made the little girls squee their panties off. (There's a visual for you)

There have been some really wonderful songs over the years, not all of them on hit albums too. It's really a shame some of the recent albums were ignored, because Pop Trash definitely had some gems on it that were missed by the world and so did Medazzaland.

Oh and did I mention Elvis Costello? Did I mention a squeefest? How about a squeecoma?

That's what happened when I found this picture:

Duran Duran and Elvis!! SQUEE!

If you need me, I'll be on the floor drooling.

0 comments: