Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Happy Duran Duran Day

Yup, today is the day the new Duran Duran album Astronaut comes out. If you don't mind I'll do a little bitty happy dance right now.

I'm not a fan from the beginning, but I have liked the guys since 92. So, in fact, I have never seen them as the Fab Five, making this release just a bit more exciting for me.

I'm not saying that Duran Duran didn't leave their mark on me in the 80's, because they did. I remember loving Notorious and being traumatized by the video for Wild Boys. I just had other bands to love at the time. (namely the Beatles and the Monkees)

But I learned to love them in the 90's. I held onto the belief that there was a good band there, even after they released Thank You, which was just the most appalling piece of crap I've ever heard.

Medazzaland was good, but still something was missing. Pop Trash in 2000 was great, but the world at large missed it.

Well, that was four years now. Warren Cuccurrullo has departed the band (yay!) and the original three not related Taylor men are back! Here's hoping Astronaut blasts off into the charts!



If you need me today, I'll be reaching out for the sunrise.

0 comments: