Friday, October 29, 2004

It's Raining Again & Again

Ok, I've been known to say "The sun doesn't shine in Pittsburgh," but I didn't really mean it, but now I do.

Ladies and gentlemen, republicans and democrats, animals vegetables and minerals, we've entered monsoon season here in southwestern PA.

I had wonderful plans for today. The gift card that I mentioned in a previous post was in my purse and ready for a lovely afternoon of shopping at the Waterfront and taking some pictures.

Did I do any of that?

Hell no!

Why you ask?

Because after a few minutes of blissful sunshine this morning, in comes the monsoon.

ARGH!

I managed to get out long enough to pay the one bill that needed paying and grab some dinner with my nephew, who needs to get out of the house as much as I do, before the real rain started.

How bad was it?

Remember Ivan? You know that nasty hurricane that managed to cause flooding in PA? Yeah that kind of rain. Thirty minutes of blinding rain. Yay!

Glad I didn't cave and drive to the Waterfront when the sun was out.

For those of you unfamiliar with Pittsburgh, the Waterfront is an outdoor shopping complex, and on Fridays and really through the weekends, its crazy busy. That means you park a mile and a half away from the shops, which would not be at all fun in the rain.

It's in a really beautiful spot for pictures too, and I haven't had the opportunity to photograph anything other than my cats (oh yay, feel the excitement) and my nephew dressed up for Halloween. I was really hoping to be able to get some pictures today, but alas, that was not to be.

Maybe some day the sun will come out and shine on our lovely area. Maybe I'll be able to use that damn gift card and buy that Julia Fordham CD I really want. Maybe I'll be able to take some pictures to post on my photoblog. Ok, and maybe donkeys will fly too.

0 comments: