Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Lacking In Inspiration

Walking is usually the way I sort out my thoughts; for stories, issues and what not. I haven't had the opportunity to walk much lately and when I have my mind is blank.

2 miles or so usually gives me time to let my mind wander and focus on my characters. I can hear their dialogue in my head. I can work out what I want to happen to them. Sadly, my mind has been focusing on other things the past few days, or to be more truthful, it hasn't been focusing at all.

Work is, as always, crazy. Not in a good, busy way, but in a drive you nuts kind of way.

Other things, like the diet are taking over my mind.

There's so much I want to do and nothing's getting done. I just don't feel up to it. I just see things that I want to do piling up around me and I don't know where to start.

I still don't know what my favorite possession is. It's the only picture I haven't taken for that meme I did last week. I think the problem is, I have so many things and each of them mean something. I can't reduce it down to just a CD or a picture. Still, there has to be something. Oddly I think it might be my digital camera, which might make posting a picture difficult, unless I get my sister to take a picture of it with her digital camera.

I just keep chanting to myself..that old Howard Jones song "Things can only get better." The problem is, I'm not sure if I believe it.

0 comments: