Monday, October 11, 2004

Music Mambo!

It's the second Monday meme and I was too lazy to do it before I went to bed last night

It's all about "YOU!"

01. Name the song you just know was written just about you:
Elvis Costello's All Grown Up

All Grown Up

"I'm trouble" she said
Spread out on the floor of her father's house
Her promise was almost undone
Under her tongue, dissolving her responsibilities
To finally deny everyone with every unflattering comparison

All grown up
And you don't care anymore
And you hate all the people that you used to adore
And you despise all the rumors and lies of the life you led before

Did I hear you right?
You're feeling hounded and pushed around
You want to just lay down and die
If all of this life has been such a big disappointment to you
Why don't you stop blaming some guy
And go give the next one a try

But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue

"I'm weak" she says
And blesses herself and gets into bed
Clutching the covers to her throat
"So punish me now and let me go back to the sham of my life"
"This night is the perfect antidote for all of the poison that
you wrote"


02. What song do you wish that you had written:
The Beatles - Yesterday. It's one of the most recorded and most recognized songs in the world. Yeah..I wouldn't mind having my name on that little ditty.

03. What song makes a strong statement of which you agree:
Another Beatles tune - All You Need Is Love (do do do do). Love is all you need!

04. What song best describes the mood you're in now:
Justin Hayward - Forever To Be Alone (Don't ask)

05. What is the most annoying song that has ever gotten stuck in your head?
When I worked in a children's clothing store (and had a permenant case of hives) I would get songs by teenyboppers boy bands and those skanks..Britney and Christina in my head. I do believe I had Ooops I Did It Again in my head at one point. Ewwww!

06. You are asked to DJ one hour on your favorite radio station what are some of the bands and/or songs that you would feature in your hour?
Oh what a crazy mixed up hour of music this would be.

Artist's you'd hear on my station: The Moody Blues, The Beatles, The Monkees, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Erasure, Oingo Boingo, Siouxsie and the Banshees. Of course I'd play Moody Blues solo stuff and a George Harrison track.

Definite songs

Duran Duran - Reach Up For The Sunrise
The Moody Blues - December Snow
John Lodge - Street Cafe
Oingo Boingo - We Close Our Eyes
David Bowie - Queen Bitch
The Beatles - And Your Bird Can Sing
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
The Moody Blues - Talkin' Talkin'
Justin Hayward - Night Flight
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

I think that would probably give the program director a coronary.

So go on..if you want to mambo too, just click the link.

http://bdinsanity.com

I dare ya to Mambo!

0 comments: