Saturday, October 02, 2004

In My Life ....I've loved them all

I'm a melancholy girl...Ooops..that's a play on a Moody Blues song, and damn I'm digressing already.

For some reason this lovely tune by John Lennon popped in my head yesterday. It got me thinking. In my life, I've loved a lot of people musically and like Lennon wrote, some are dead and some are living. So today I'm going to share them with you.

My first loves...

The Monkees

Loved Davy and Micky

The Beatles

No one has to ask who my favorite Beatle was. He passed away a short time ago.

I love you George

These two bands have been with me since I was a little girl and I'm sure the music will always be with me.

Of course, growing up in the 80's, I had some other loves..

Culture Club



Def Leppard

This is a picture from the Euphoria tour in 2000. I loved Joe's tiger baby jacket

Mmmm, Joey

Later in the 80's I discovered Cheap Trick



I loved Robin Zander..still do.

It was also in 1989 that I discovered Elvis Costello for the first time.



He kept coming back to haunt me, until I was completely in love with him. First in 89 when he worked with Paul McCartney, then in the mid 90's when I was in love with Duran Duran and they covered Watching The Detective.



I was a Nick and Simon fan, btw.

Then in 2000 I got back into Costello by accident. And it was a lovely accident as well. I don't think he'll ever drift away from me again.

It would also be wrong of me to list my musical loves and not mention Erasure



Andy Bell has the voice of an angel.

Since the early 90's I've also shared some love for Oingo Boingo, particularly front man, Danny Elfman



But I'm sure you all know who my big love is right now.

Do I have to even show a picture?

Of course I do...



I love my Moody Men.

So as you can see, I have varying musical tastes though I have a particular fondness for music of the 60's and the 80's.

I've also left off some loves of mine, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Adam Ant, Roxette, XTC...All these bands have made up a portion of my life.

And in my life....I've loved them all.

0 comments: