Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's Burning A Hole In My Pocket

I have a gift card. It's a small one, but still, it's a gift card. I want to use it badly. The only problem is its for a store that's not exactly close by or in a place I want to travel to.

But I tell myself, "Self, you could have a CD that you don't have to pay for. Perhaps that Julia Fordham CD that you were just complaining about."

Then self answers, "But dammit I don't want to drive to the Waterfront!"

Self pouts and stomps foot.

Again I tell myself, "But this is the only way you can get the free CD, because shipping and handling is highway robbery."

Self looks sheepishly to the floor.

"But I don't have gas in my car."

I realize this is the case. It's also a good rationalization. And the gift card is still sitting on my desk as my CD want list grows to astronomical proportions. And it will only continue to grow as it gets closer to the holidays and new music starts appearing.

U2's new cd is coming out.
Alison Moyet has a disc out in Europe that I want badly
Erasure's Nightbird is due out in January.

God knows what else will get thrown into the mix. And God only knows if I'll ever use that gift card.

0 comments: