Sunday, October 24, 2004

Song Commentary

How many times have you listened to a song and made little comments to go along with the lyrics?

OK, so it's just me. I'm weird, I know. But there are just some songs that I feel I must talk back to, just because the lyrics are so damn strange.

Would you be surprised to know that most of those lyrics are written by John Lodge?

I hope not.

I'll put my snarky comments in italics for you.

Words You Say

Words you say to me
I listen in sympathy (Why thank you John...I'm so glad you care)
But I don't know what it is
That makes me ignore you. (Could be that wine you were drinking at dinner)

I hear you every night
I listen but the words
Don't seem right (No hablo, ingles, Lodgey?)
My mind seems somewhere else (Mind? What Mind?)
What else can I tell you? (I love you madly, let's snog would be a good place to start)
I don't know what to do (Uh, snog me)
I'm losing you (No, I've lost you, what the hell are you talking about?)

Something I can't control (Hormones are a bitch aren't they?)
You are in my heart and soul.
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now
I don't want to wake up now. (WTF)

Words you say to me
I'm living in fantasy (I never would have guessed that...)
If I don't know what it is
I simply ignore you. (Bastard!)

I hear you every night (At least I'm not talking to myself then)
I listen but the time is never right (For snogging? The time is always right, now get nekkid Lodgey)
My life is so confused (Tell me something I don't know)
What more can I tell you? (I love you would be nice)

Don't turn and walk away (I should probably run)
Don't leave this way (What way would that be?)
Something I can't control (Again...damn those hormones)
You are in my heart and soul.

I don't want to wake up now (WTF to infinity and beyond)

Only Lodgey would write something that baffling.

0 comments: