Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday Book Worm

Brandie, started a reading meme, which I thought would be wonderful. There are music memes and movie memes. (which I've neglected to do for a bit..oops) All kinds of memes to do, when you don't feel like posting something deep and thoughtful.


So all you readers out there, go do this meme

1. What would you consider your favorite book of all time? Why? (Really sell it to us... make us want to run right out and buy it!!!).

Richard Paul Evans - The Christmas Box.
It's part of a trilogy of books and is the first in the series. A short lovely read for the holidays or anytime. I can't write synopisis of stories. I'm terrible at that, but it's a really wonderful tale that should appeal to most everyone that has a heart.

2. What would you consider the most heinous, horrible book you've ever read? Tell us why we should NEVER read it.
Dreamcatcher - Stephen King

Oh crikey I think the reason you shouldn't read this has to do with what the aliens do once they're in your body and erm...how they get out.

I'm sure you can go back in the archives from some point this past year when I read this one.

Not a scary Stephen King novel, but one that will really gross you out, and definitely not one of his best works.

3. Have you ever started a book and been unable to finish it? Which one, and why? Do you think you'll ever pick it up again?
I've tried 3 times to read the Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice. I don't know why I can't finish this one. I've read almost every other book she's written, but this one just won't hold my interest. Yes, I'll probably pick it up again, because I must read all the vampire chonciles.

4. How often do you read a new book? In general, how long does it take you to finish a book (minus those pesky distractions like work, sleep, school, etc.)?
I try to read something new once or twice a week. If I really want to I can finsh a book in a day, if I'm not living life, but right now, everything is taking longer. Hey, I did finish The Immigrant's Daughter though!

5. Have you ever liked a book so much, you read it again?
Yes! I've read Gaston Leroux's Phantom Of The Opera 5 Times.

0 comments: