Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Mix Making

It's time to start a new mix project for myself. I haven't really made one for myself lately. I made MoodyMistress a "Blue" mix last week, but never burned it for myself.

The Blue Mix has songs that have the color blue in the title. Check it out here

I have a few ideas floating in my head and another idea I've been toying with for about 2 years.

The first idea is a sorta Thanksgiving Mix, something similar to this mix, only I'd like to do it more as songs that have really meant something to me and that I'm thankful for knowing. Eliminating the need for the artist being one of my favorites.

I would like to try my hand at making another winter mix. The one I made last year touched a bit on Christmas and I'd like to do one that was really a Winter mix rather than a preholiday one.

The project mix I had in mind was an Elvis Costello compilation series. Back in 2000/2001 I did a similiar thing with Oingo Boingo. I picked out several categories and started to put the band's songs in each. It took me a year to do it and it consisted of 6 discs in the end.

I'd want to limit it with Elvis, because he's just got so much material. I could spend my life trying to classify the songs, and there would be no fun in that at all. It took a year to do the Oingo Boingo mixes and they only have about 8 or 9 albums, EC has many many more.

The other project I thought on, would be a UK - OK mix. My friend CBlaze from the Art Of The Mix community made three.

Here they are.

1

2

3

Frankly, I'm jealous that I didn't think of this but at least it inspired me. Now I have something to do over the next few days. The question is, which one should I do first?

0 comments: