Monday, October 04, 2004

Music Mambo

Hey Mambo! Mambo Italiano!

This Moody Mamboer needs to relax! And thanks to the help of Princess Deirdre, the Mambo has gotten a bit easier. So thanks many times over for helping the Moody think-tank with the Mambo.

The theme, you ask. RELAXATION!

1. How does music help you to relax?
Music lets the tension escape, whether it be through something really rocking or really soothing. It goes to the root of whatever is bothering me and it zaps it.

Music helps me to escape. The perfect lyric is like the the perfect story, it takes you away from your mundane existence into a world where anything is possible and the problems that are weighing me down don't exist.

2. What song has been most therapeutic for you (if any):
Oddly, it's Oingo Boingo's Insanity. It's a rather dark, moody song. I used to put in on a lot of my mix cds, because it cures road rage and there was a time in my life when I was driving an hour each way to and from work. Trust me, I had road rage a lot. This song saved me from killing people on the road.

3. You are stressing out and you need something to calm you down. What cd do you reach for first?
The Moody Blues - Strange Times. Why? It has some rockers that will help me vent and some very lush slow songs that will take me nicely to the Land Of Nod.

4. What is the music of your

a. heart Justin Hayward - Bedtime Stories
b. soul The Moody Blues - Isn't Life Strange
c. inner child Adam Ant - Vive Le Rock (My inner child is strange)

5. If you could have one musican or band sing you a lullaby, what band would it be and what song would they sing to you?
Well the answer to this one is rather obvious --- The Moody Blues or more to the point, The Blue Jays

But what shall they sing to me?

Remember Me, My Friend (even though it's primarily a Justin vocal)
Nights Winters Years would be nice too.

wait...none of these have Lodgey vocals. Hmmmm...Hmmmm.

Ah..wait..it's a lullaby..let Lodgey sing Words You Say! Justin and I will be asleep in no time!

Do I get to snuggle with them too?

Mmmm, what I wouldn't give to snuggle up to Justin and John.....



This picture is courtesy of the ever lovely, wonderfulest (eep making up words again) friend MoodyMistress.

Ok, you crazy Mamboers, get out there and shake your groove thangs! This Moody Mamboer thanks Princess Deirdre for 2 of the questions used in this week's Mambo. I'm not telling which one's they are, but maybe if you ask her really nicely, she'll let you know!

http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com

So from all of us wacky looney tunes here at BDI....Mambo til the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie!

Lots of hugs and smoochies!
Dee, Friday, Sabra, Bliffy, Reesa, Andrea and Kelly

0 comments: