Friday, October 22, 2004

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."---John Lennon

I think it's wonderful when celebrities open their mouths and words come out that make damn good sense.

John, wherever you are now, thank you for these words. This is officially one of my favorite quotes. I'd love to find the article that this particular quote came from. To me it sounds like it might have been taken from an interview done shortly before his death in 1980.

It conjures up the song Watching The Wheels and how he took all those years off of music to step away from the industry and live life as a man and a father.

The industry saw those years as wasted, but he didn't. He was enjoying life in a way that he couldn't when he was in the public eye 24/7. He became a man again, living just like the rest of the world, even though he had more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes.

And the music and his talent didn't leave. He shared them with us when he was ready.

Oddly this quote has made me miss John Lennon, the Beatle that I cared for the least. But all that aside, he was a wonderfully talented man who did write some of my favorite Beatles songs and had a killer sense of humor.

Thanks for the intelligent words, John, whether they came in songs or just what you had to say.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 comments: