Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Blech!

I'm neither married nor otherwise attached, so this holiday brings out the snark in me.

Why?

Because I've always been screwed over around the time this holiday came around. Somehow all relationships cease for me around this time or worse yet the presents I'm given pretty much tell me of whats to come.

I remember being given carnations one year for Valentine's Day.

Carnations?!?!

Not exactly the appropriate flower to give someone you love or even like for that matter.

By the time I was in my late twenties I gave up on the whole relationship game. Couples annoy me. The cutsey things that some families do scare me even more, but that's another rant all together.

Thankfully today is Tuesday, so I won't have to witness all the lovey doveyness anywhere that I go. Yay! Public displays of affection are high on my list of annoying things too. I think that has to do with the fact that I hate people invading my space.

But anyway...for those of you that feel the love today, Happy Valentine's Day! For those of you that don't, Bah! Humbug!

0 comments: