Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's Super Bowl Sunday

To be perfectly honest, The Music Whore doesn't really pay much attention to football, but when the Pittsburgh Steelers manage to go all the way to the Super Bowl, even I sit up and take notice.

Actually, I've been keeping a close watch on the Black and Gold for the last month or so along with the rest of Pittsburgh area. I watched them defeat Cincinnati, I saw parts of the game with Indianapolis as well as Denver. They took them all down, even though most of those teams had better records then they did, and here they are in Detroit, ready to play in their first Super Bowl in 10 years.

They are really the underdogs in this game. I have no idea if they can pull it off, but I want them too so badly, and so does most of Pittsburgh.

Hell, we even prayed for the Steelers at church last night. I can only hope that God heard the prayers of a small suburban parish in the Pittsburgh Dioscese that sent up some prayers for their football team. Mind you nearly every person in the church was decked out in black and gold.

All I can say is this;

0 comments: