Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Get Me Outta Here

Yesterday the weather was frigid but the sky was blue and the sun was shining. There's something totally wrong with that, but it put me in the frame of mind to start thinking of the road trips that I hope will come in a few short months.

My mind was focused on one place yesterday, Longwood Gardens.





These are just a few of the reasons why I love the place. Plus the east conservatory is finally open, which it hasn't been in years and years. All the renovations on it are done. I can't wait to see it.

So since money is always an issue with me I checked around to see if there was still a good package deal at one of the neighboring hotels.

Woot!

The Hilton Garden has a weekend package for $177. Initially that looks like a lot, but it includes 2 tickets to Longwood which run about $12 and it includes two full breakfasts.

Mmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking of it. So $177 plus whatever it would cost to rent a car and meals and turnpike fare. Not bad, especially since I'd likely be splitting the costs with the lucky person that would be going with me.

Now all I have to do is wait for spring, and it can't get here fast enough.

0 comments: