Saturday, February 04, 2006

Some Music You Should Check Out

I've been hunting down some new music. All Moody Blues makes The Music Whore a dull girl, and we can't have that, right?

I've discovered a few bands/artists lately care of some online friends and other sources. In the last year or so I've found my tastes mellowing.

I'd like to that Copper for tuning me into Will Young. I can't believe I like any artist that has anything to do with the "Idol" shows, regardless of what country the show is from.

In the 60's there was no respect for The Monkees because they were prefabricated, but we eagerly await shows where we create the next best thing and support bands like En Vogue and the like that are the creations of record execs. I do promise never to fall under the Clay Aiken spell, and if I do, any one of you is permitted to hit me with a large crowbar!

Will Young - Happiness

If you ask me, Will's sound is quite similar to Jamie Cullum's which is not bad in my book.

Another discovery I've made recently is an artist called Feist. Yay for Canadian music! Feist is a bit like Madeleine Peyroux at times and at other times there's no comparison you can make to anyone. Again one of the reasons I find I like her voice is because it's not got that breathy little girl sound that seems to be popular with a lot of female singers.

Feist - Let It Die

The next two bands I was turned on to were brought to me by a Livejournal friend.

The first band is called Lamb. The song I heard first was called Gabriel. It's an absolutely stunning track. Again another female vocalist, with a very hauntingly beautiful voice. The song is trippy and ethreal. Perfect chill out music.

Lamb - Gabriel

The other band I've fallen in love with is Conjure One. If you like Delerium and Enigma, you will like Conjure One. I like the tribal sounds of this album. It's definitely mood music. It's also music to put you in a mood, what kind of mood, well, I guess that depends on you.

Conjure One - Center Of The Sun

I hope you enjoy some of my discoveries too. I know that these aren't "new" artists, but they are new to me.
(This song features Poe on vocals)

0 comments: