Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thirteen Things



Thirteen Random Things About My Day

1. I listened to October Project today. I haven't had the opportunity to really listen to their first CD and quite frankly it's good. I can't remember how I discovered them, but if you like Celtic sounds, this is a great band to listen to. Mary Fahl's voice is exquisite.



2. I finished reading another book today. Courthouse Steps (Tyler, No 11) was quite good in that cheesy Harlequin romance kinda way.

3. Buffalo chicken subs at Subway are yummy. So are their peanut butter cookies. After only eating about 500 calories by 4 p.m. I figured I deserved something really tasty for dinner.

4. The people at the tax office still seem to think I owe them money, but they decided that I only owe them 2.49 cents. Somehow I got something screwed up on a quarterly payment. (Which up until 2004 we didn't have to do in our borough) They can have their 2.49 and I hope they do something constructive with it.

5. No cavities at the dentist, believe it or not. I do have a gum infection and I got a prescription for a special rinse to use for 2 weeks. After that I'll go back for a cleaning. I completely forgot what a nice guy my dentist was. I don't know why I was nervous about seeing him.

6. Wandered about Walmart while waiting for my prescription to be filled. I think I've found a new entertainment center that will be cat friendly and will provide me with more room in my entertainment room. I also contemplated a futon for the living room and a desk for my other bedroom.

7. Only spent $13 in Walmart. I'm not sure how I managed that, except for the fact that I was just there yesterday. Walmart is the root of all evil!

8. Contemplated what mayhem was going on in Belle Vernon. The main road was blocked off and there were several police cars and an ambulance in a nearby parking lot, but nothing to suggest an accident. Inquiring minds want to know what the hell was going on.

9. Burned some garbage today. It took me almost a half hour for me to get a match to light. I'm totally incompetent when it comes to setting fires. I can't even light the candles at church.

10. Decided that tomorrow I will show my Steeler spirit by wearing my Roethlisberger T-shirt that I bought yesterday.

11. Played more solitaire on the computer than I wanted to.

12. Was amused by my kitten, Oogie attacking the cursor on the monitor. Oogie will no longer be left in the room alone. I have visions of the monitor coming crashing down on his noggin. Oogie isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

13. I totally slacked on my exercise today. And I don't care. I'm too tired. All I want to do is sleep. sleep. sleep.

0 comments: