Saturday, February 11, 2006

CD Baby Will Be The Death Of Me

I went over to CD Baby to check on the prices of a few of the CDs on my list. Of course, I ended up browsing the online shop. Needless to say there are a few more artists on my "Need To Buy" list.

The first one is Laura Burhenn. There are some soundclips on the CD Baby page. If you go to her official site there are several downloads from the album Wanderlust. This lady has an incredible voice. I'm reminded of Jewel when I listen to her, but I think her lyrics are more mature than some of the things Jewel has done over the years. She's definitely an artist worth checking out and definitely and artist that I have put on my list. I'm particularly fond of the song Memory, which is one of the downloads available on her site. I had a few mp3s of hers before I found her on CD Baby. Thank God for CD Baby stocking all the best indie artists.

Dragana was one of the artists I discovered while perusing the $5 dollar discs. The secret to the $5 dollar deal is to buy 3 or more discs from the sale pages so you get the discount.

I have to say that I was intrigued by her name, so I clicked on her disc for more info. Check out the song Dance. It's quite pretty. I'm definitely getting this one. Again, if you're looking to compare her style to any popular artists, I'd say Diana Krall or Tierney Sutton.

Joshua Eden is the first male vocalist I've recommended in a good while. It only took a few songs to convince me that he was definitely someone I needed to hear more of. Check out the song, Something to Save. It's a George Michael cover and it's stunning. When I first played the clip I went nuts trying to figure out who did the song originally because I knew I heard it before.

So there you have it, 3 reasons why CD Baby is trying to suck all the money out of my bank account and three more discs for me to ponder, "to buy or not to buy."

0 comments: