Sunday, February 05, 2006

Halftime Horror

Can someone please tell me why people pay hundreds of dollars to see the Rolling Stones in concert? I admire the band for their longeivity. I also enjoy their music though I wouldn't call them the greatest Rock N' Roll Band by a long shot. From what I heard at halftime tonight, I'd call them mediocre at best.

Start Me Up sounded terrible, plus they had to edit the lyrics so that right-winged christians wouldn't be upset by Mick singing "You make a dead man come." (well, techinically that would be cum). Pathetic. Guess what people by 11 or 12 all of your kids have heard that word and know what it means unless you've totally sheltered your child.

Satisfaction thankfully was better, but I had to leave the room, because Mick's wrinkley old flesh traumatized me. I like some tushie shaking, but his wasn't pretty. And I've seen some guys in the same age brackets shake their groove thangs and they didn't make my lunch come up quite as fast as Mick.

I don't know how long it will take for me to recover from those three songs. Right now I really need a rusty melon baller. And from now on, I only listen too, not look at The Rolling Stones

0 comments: