Saturday, February 25, 2006

Raging Mulch Fires and Other Random Things

~ Coming home from the trip to WalMart my nephew and I noticed some smoke. OK, a lot of smoke. Seriously I thought a house went up in Belle Vernon near my aunts, but when we got closer, we saw that the fire was further down, much further down. At the bottom of the hill the smoke was so thick it was almost like a fog. Cars were pulled off the road and cars were coming off the Interstate, because of the smoke. We drove on to find that this huge pile of mulch was burning. (I thought it was a coal pile) Anyway...it burned for hours. When I got home I quickly grabbed my camera and ran a block up the hill so I could get some pictures from our vantage point.

~ Cleaning stuff off the hard drive is not a fun task. I got rid of 2 GBs and I've still used 39.5 GB out of 80. I'd like to get rid of another 10 GB but I can't imagine getting rid of any more music from my computer right now. I was actually going to rip a few of the new discs I just got, but I'm not sure right now. I'm down to 4636 songs on this computer!

~ I never realized that Colin Moulding sang Making Plans For Nigel until I saw the XTC video today.

~ Making mix CDs is no longer fun for me. Especially now that I'm cleaning the hard drive. It's funny, doing this used to be one of the joys of my life a year or so ago. Now it's giving me a headache.

~ 80's videos are cheesy and fun. Why don't they make things that are cheesy and fun anymore?

~ I went to GNC to buy some vitamin C today. I think the guy working at the counter was flirting with me. That's funny, the last person to flirt with me was...oh never mind I don't want to talk about that, it was too weird a situation.

0 comments: