Thursday, February 16, 2006

I Hate Philadelphia

Apologies to anyone from Philly. It's not that I really hate Philly. OK, I do. I especially hate driving through the city, but my hatred is more from the fact that all the concerts I want to see are there and I'm about 5.5 hours away in Pittsburgh.

Grrr.

My hatred for Philly was renewed today because of this.

Grey Eye Glances are playing a gig at The World Cafe. AGAIN!

I shouldn't gripe to much about Grey Eye Glances, because they are pretty much an indie band, and I'm probably the only person in the Pittsburgh area that's heard of them. But still I'd really like the chance to see this band without having to shell out money for the turnpike, a hotel room and a rental car.

Grrr.

Why is it that the mountain range that separates the eastern side of the state from the western side has to inspire fear in the hearts of all the bands I like? Actually I think it's just that all of my favorite bands hate Pittsburgh as much as I hate Philadelphia.

0 comments: