Monday, February 27, 2006

The Outside World Is A Cold Place To Be

I finally got to go somewhere this weekend. As luck would have it, the weather was artic, but I didn't care. I haven't been out and about to anyplace other than the mall since before Christmas.

My friend Mary, was home to visit her mum, this weekend, so we went to Wheeling Island, mostly to eat but also to gamble just a bit. After all, how can you resist the whirring of the slot machines? I tell you it's impossible, especially if you haven't had the opportunity to feed one of those beasts in months.

After we gorged ourselves on the Island Buffet, which was yummy, as usual. We took a walk around Wheeling. I don't feel right being in Wheeling without walking over to the Suspension Bridge that I love so much. Plus this gave me the opportunity to pull the camera out for the first time in ages.

I also found the dog track. Funny how I've been going to Wheeling now for a year, and I've finally found where the dogs run. I got to see a few of the doggies too. Totally beautiful animals, I wanted to liberate a few of them and bring them home with me!

On the way home we stopped a few places to take pictures of the covered bridges. (And a few farm animals). Getting a picture of the one bridge required a nice long walk over a small hill, because the road that the bridge is on is closed, because another bridge down the road was ripped out. But hey, anything for a nice picture, right?

I think it took me at least an hour or more to thaw out from the cold once I got home, but it was worth it. The day was fun. Probably the most fun I've had in months. YAY!

0 comments: