Friday, February 18, 2005

Top Five On Friday

This is the meme I create over at Music Memoirs, so go play it! Cos I say so!

Top 5 Songs That Can Put You To Sleep
(Interpret as you see fit, this could be songs that act like lullabies, songs that are boring or just songs that relax you)

1. Grey Eye Glances - Days to Dust

This is just an absolutely beautiful song. If you're a fan of Annie Haslam, Sarah McLachlan etc, you'll probably like this. It's light and airy and beautiful, just the right type of song to lull me into a nice sleep.

2.The Moody Blues - Words You Say

What can I say about Words You Say? I've never heard it live in concert physically. (I have it on several concert cds though) I don't know what the fuss is over this song. It's not that terrible. In fact, when you really listen to the lyrics you can start to chuckle, because the lyrics are even more out there (somewhere...somewhere...giggle giggle, cough cough...sorry for the pun) then John's usual.

Anyway, I find something very pretty in the chorus...

I don't want to wake up now

I don't want to wake up now

3. Annie Haslam w/Justin Hayward - The Angels Cry

There are two versions of this song out there, this one and one recorded by Agnetha from ABBA. Of the two, this is the one I like better. Annie's voice is much prettier and you can hear Justin's backing vocals much clearer in this one.

It's just a beautiful song, written by Mr. Hayward and one that can send me off to sleep when I'm in a nice dark room. Very relaxing and very pretty.

4. Justin Hayward - Penumbra Moon

OK, I just love this song. It's probably one of my favorites from Night Flight, a CD that this child of the 80's can't help but love. Sure it's not one of his best, but it's cheesy 80's music and for that alone, I love it.

It's funny to me that this one song from this CD seems more like a Hayward tune than the songs he wrote for the album. And as for why it made my list, you'll just have to listen to it to know.

5. Erasure - Rock Me Gently

This song is an ambient lullaby. It's from the self titled CD by...well...Erasure, a very lush and very soothing disc. Most of the songs are longer than you would expect from a pop band, but all of them are beautiful. Almost every one could have made this list, but this one is perfect.

0 comments: