Thursday, February 10, 2005

Time waits for no one...no not even you

Or me for that matter. My god, it's already February 10th. Over a month and a half into the new year. It's kind of frightening. Even more frightening is turning 31 in July.

About this time every year I start fretting over my birthday, and what I've accomplished or rather what I haven't accomplished in all my years. Granted I've done alot of great things but nothing remarkable, and nothing to make me proud of who I am. Unless of course being obsessive about music is something to be proud of.

Is it?

Do you think?

Nah, I didn't think so.

What's worse than that is not really knowing what direction you want to take with your life. Hell, almost 31 years into it, I should know something, right?

Wrong!

I swear I know even less today than I did when I was in high school, and still time keeps drifting on by leaving me in the dust. Just me, my computer and my music.

Most of my friends are married ...with kids (Bratlings) and here I am. That's not what I want. That's one thing I know. This Music Whore will never be a mother. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, children give me hives!

So while they are fretting over family stuff, I'm worried and upset that I can't go to an Elvis Costello concert or that the Moody Blues won't come to Pittsburgh.

Yeah. Those are some interesting priorities. But their mine. And I guess I want to enjoy what I love the most, while I still can. Before anymore time slips away.

0 comments: