Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

It's time for the Music Memoirs meme via Fallen.

1. Name 5 female artists you admire.

Bernie Barlow - A wonderful backup singer who has a fantastic album out called Golden. Go to her website and buy it. Make Bernie happy. She's currently touring with Sarah McLachlan. (Sniffle, I hope she comes back with the Moodies, and if not...I hope Justin, John and Graeme know what they lost)

Sarah McLachlan - Yay for Candadians! Cos there's another Canadian lady on this list besides Sarah. I loved Possession. In fact, I really prefer her early stuff. Surfacing was a bit overplayed, but even though at the time, I found the songs to be a bit annoying, I still listen to them. Go figure. Another reason I like Sarah. She keeps her damn clothes on!

Best album: Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Diana Krall - The second yay for Canadians goes to this jazz singer/pianist that has stolen my Elvis from me, but that's ok. Elvis Costello got her writing her own songs and hopefully will encourage her not to murder anymore Beatles songs. At least he better.

Best album: The Girl In The Other Room

Annie Haslam - Annie is an all around great lady. I don't know what more I can say to encourage you to give her a listen. I mean even Justin Hayward did a song with her!! (You knew he'd sneak his skinny ass into this post, right?)

Best album: Blessing In Disguise and It Snows In Heaven Too (this one is a Christmas CD)

Keri Noble - She only has one release. The album is called Fearless. Go buy it! Now! And if you can't do that, go to her site and watch the video for Talk To Me.

2. Name three female artists you wish would just go away.

Only 3? C'mon I wish most of the female singers to perdition. At least most of the ones in the Top 40 charts.

1. Any female songbird who's last name is Simpson. (Both of them are talentless tarts)
2. Celine Dion - I think we already came to the conclusion that her songs make our ears bleed, so can we give her back to the Canadians that could keep her for themselves?
3. Britney Spears - I want her gone totally. I don't want her to record, design clothes or act. I want her to move to a cave somewhere in Siberia. I never want to see her or her hubby. And would someone please explain to me why she was worthy of a Grammy?

3. If you could tour with any female artist - who would it be?
Only if she's touring with my honey bunnies. Bernie Barlow. Oh hell, if she did a solo tour, I wouldn't mind touring with Bernie. But I would prefer to tour with her when she was with the Moodies, cos I'd get to stare at Justin's butt all the time. Mmmm and Lodgey's butt. I mustn't forget that.

Life couldn't be any better than that really.

0 comments: