Friday, February 04, 2005

Top Five On Friday

It's my musical meme, from Music Memoirs. So come on! I dare all you music lovers to play along.

Top Five Movie Soundtracks/Or Scores. (Feel free to tell us why you made your choices, so that we could check out your recommendations)

I could almost do a top five of both, but I'll try to intergrate them into one list. This is in no particular order really.

1. Edward Scissorhands - Music by Danny Elfman



This is one of the most beautiful Elfman film scores. It always reminds me of snow. I guess that comes from the ice sculpture scenes that Danny Elfman had to make music to suit. If you never paid attention to any film score, this one is well worth it.

2. With Honors



There was just so much great music on this soundtrack. Duran Duran's unbelievably good cover of the Led Zeppelin classic, Thank You, Madonna's I'll Remember and Lindsey Buckingham's On the Wrong Side are some of the reasons to pick this soundtrack up.

3. Journey Into Amazing Caves



This is mostly a score that utilizes Moody Blues classics in snippets. The band recorded two new songs, one instrumental and one with gorgeous lyrics. The song is We Can Fly and it alone is the reason to buy this CD.

4. Notting Hill



I just want to say I hate having Julia Roberts' picture on my blog. Yuck! Almost as bad as that picture of Marie Hayward that I keep posting.

But back to the soundtrack.

Reason number one to own this one - Elvis Costello's She. Gorgeous tune he covered for this film.

Reason number two - Boyzone - No Matter What. This song was penned for Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Whistle Down The Wind. Boyzone did the song for Andrew Lloyd Webber's birthday bash a few years back and it's on their first US release as well.

5. De - Lovely



It's the soundtrack to the film of Cole Porter's life. His songs are recorded by Alanis Morrissette, Sheryl Crow, Robbie Williams, Diana Krall and Elvis Costello (to name a few)'

Those are reason enough to get the album without listening. They are double the reason to get the album if you do listen.

0 comments: