Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

Blogdrive was giving Fallen a hard time last night, so I helped out with this week's meme. Here we go, straight from Music Memoirs.

The last four decades....list 3 of your favorite songs from each:

1990's
Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains
Matchbox Twenty - 3 a.m. (Overplayed yet I still love it, as well as the original version by Rob's band Tabitha's Secret that was mostly the guys in Matchbox Twenty)
Elvis Costello - This House Is Empty Now (Shut up! I love this song. It's gorgeous)

Honorable Mentions

Elvis Costello - Just About Glad

1980's
Duran Duran - Like An Angel
Erasure - Cry So Easy
The Moody Blues - Sitting At The Wheel

Honorable Mentions

The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams (Without this song..my obsession would never have been born)

Elvis Costello - Everyday I Write The Book

1970's
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind (If you don't like this song, there's something seriously wrong with you)
David Bowie - Queen Bitch (Which I am, damn it)
Lodgey! erm John Lodge - Street Cafe (Best damn video I've ever seen too)

Honorable mentions

Justin Hayward - Raised on Love and Lay It On Me (from that album I can't stand, Songwriter)

Elvis Costello - I'm Not Angry (Best angsty song)

1960's
The Beatles - Nowhere Man
The Moody Blues - The Actor
Herman's Hermits - This Door Swings Both Ways

Honorable Mentions..
Too many to list here..

list 3 of your favorite bands from each:

1990's
Matchbox Twenty
Garbage
Semisonic

1980's
Duran Duran
Erasure
Depeche Mode

1970's
ABBA
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
David Bowie

1960's
The Moody Blues
The Beatles
The Monkees

BTW..if any of you want the songs I listed, leave a comment and I can see if I can get them to you via You Send It.

0 comments: