Friday, February 18, 2005

Early Morning Moodies

Well I woke up before the rooster, or as I like to call it, the ass crack of dawn to watch Vh-1 Classic.

Yes, it's official, I'm insane.

I have the Moody Blues Headline Act taped now.

~insert happy dancing here~

I was pleasantly surprised that they showed new interviews. Everyone looked smashing. And when John opened his mouth to speak, I think I might have gone into a short coma. Lordy but Lodgey's voice is like sex on stick covered in butter.

And yes, I finally got to see Sitting At The Wheel.

Mmmm what a very weird video. But hey, John cleaned up nice and it was amusing to see Justin behind the wheel of a truck...a erm..wasn't that a dump truck?

I bet he was thrilled to do that.

The video choices were odd, The Other Side Of Life (Damn where was my glow stick at 6 a.m.?), Question, Sitting At The Wheel, Your Wildest Dreams and Nights In White Satin.

I would like to take the time to thank Vh-1 Classic for playing the Nights video, so that I could relive the childhood trauma.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Damn that was some scary hair!

But it was great to see the guys on a special for an Mtv Network. Woot!

Now all I can say is this, if Bernie Barlow doesn't come back and tour with the guys in the summer, I'm going to cry.

Ooops. Forgot to mention that. Just found out that in the next few months Bernie is going to be touring with Sarah McLachlan. Great gig for her! Yay Bernie! I only hope she tours again with the Moodies the next US tour, because she was one of their best backup singers in recent years.

That said, I'm going to watch Sitting At The Wheel again...and again.

0 comments: