Wednesday, February 09, 2005

So much I want to do...so little money

I've given up on most concerts this year, well except for the Moody lunkheads that I love so, and have the stupidest way of touring. 2 weeks here, go home for a month or 2 or 3 and then off somewhere else for a few weeks.

These guys don't tour, they vacation. But that's not the case.

Elvis Costello has officially screwed me over. Tickets go on sale for Atlantic City this Saturday and the cost is 75 dollars. Nope not happening. I'm a bit depressed about it, but I think I knew all along this show wasn't going to happen for me anyway.

I guess I'm going to have to stick to doing things close to home. There's a few comedians coming to the Improv that I'd like to see, Bob Saget being one of them. Plus one weekend I'd like to road trip to Erie, just to see the lake, etc.

It would be nice to have the extra cash laying around to do something. Hell, it would be nice to have cash to pay bills. I've spent the last 2.5 years worrying about money, hoping for change, only to have things get worse.

I always laugh at the people that suggest me getting two jobs. Ha! I just managed to get one part time job. Each day on the news we see how many more jobs are lost in Pittsburgh and the area. It's depressing. Almost as depressing as being stuck in a one horse town most of your life.

I hope that someday soon I'll dig myself out of the hole I'm in, because I would like to be able to do things again, without having to ask for help from everyone in my family.

Now it's time for a rousing rendition of the song "It Sucks To Be Me" from the Avenue Q musical.

Who wants to join me?

And who wants to join me in the hunt for the money fairy, who doesn't visit me often enough?

0 comments: