Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

This meme brought to you by Fallen at Music Memoirs

This week is one that will make ya think...and probably hurt yourself too.

List at least 5 band members who left their bands to pursue solo projects.

Andy Taylor - Duran Duran (Is now back with the band)
Peter Gabriel - Genesis
Mike Pinder - The Moody Blues
John Taylor - Duran Duran (Again, he's back with the band)
Sting - The Police

List 3 frontmen who made less than successful solo efforts. You can use names from above but try not to overlap.
This is mean, because I have to put my favorite man first on the list.

Justin Hayward - To the best of my knowledge the 5 solo albums he's done haven't been all that successful commerically. The song that was a hit for him was Forever Autumn written by Jeff Wayne for the War of the Worlds.

Limahl - He became a two hit wonder. One hit with Kajagoogoo and one hit solo with Neverending Story. He's had several albums but very little success with them. Poor cutie.

Alan Frew - Another one of my favorites who has had two solo albums and from what I've heard, not much success. He is back with Glass Tiger doing some shows, so yay! My Canadian friends can tell me if either Hold On or Wonderland did any good. They really should have though, both were excellent albums, but then again I loved Glass Tiger.

List 3 groups made up of members that have reformed from other groups.

Bad English which was part Journey and then John Waite on vocals..can't remember what band he was in.

Mike and the Mechanics - Genesis and Paul Carrack I'm not sure if this was before or after his time with Squeeze.

Electronic - Bernard Sumner from New Order and Johnny Marr from The Smiths. (With a little help from Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe..who are the Pet Shop Boys)

There now! I've done it! I've memed and my brain hurts!

0 comments: