Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

I've been thinking about these things lately. The little things that make you happy that maybe you wouldn't want the whole world to know, or that might be considered odd.

Of course mine are a bit odd. Which is expected, right?

You wouldn't expect normal things from me would you? No. I didn't think so.

1. Romance novels - I'm a sucker for these things. I can read one a day sometimes. Funny isn't it considering I have no romance in my life, nor do I really want it. Reading about it, however is fine. (Especially if it's a historical)

2. Bright/Pretty lights - Take me to the city (Atlantic City please!!) and I can stare forever at the lights of the buildings or the slot machines. Believe it or not, I don't really gamble. I just like the lights and the atmosphere. It's so energetic and captivating.

3. The flower show at Phipps. OK, just Phipps Conservatory. I love going there and taking pictures of the flowers. It's one of my favorite things to do. (Oddly as a little girl, it drove me nuts!) Now my photoblog is filled with pictures from all the shows I've been to.

4. Kettle chips - Bad for my fat butt, but they are the greatest comfort food, especially if you have dill or bacon ranch dip. Ooops! I think I just put on a few pounds thinking about them.

5. Old BBC comedies - I love the shows like Are You Being Served, Waiting For God and Keeping Up Appearances. Oh and I can't forget Red Dwarf. I don't watch much telly, but when I do, reruns of these shows always make me smile.

Not much normal in that list. I have more, but I think I've shared enough of my weirdness for one day.

0 comments: