Thursday, May 08, 2003

Musings about Man Out of Time

I've been staring at the page of Man Out of Time I've been working on for an hour now. I'm soon going to go into an editing process so I can review what I've written. I do this every so many pages so I can check the flow of my story and to pick up on any inconsistencies that crop up when you write in the haphazard way that I do.

I'm so glad that so many of you are enjoying this story. It means alot to me to get good feedback. It gives me a shread of hope that maybe this can be published someday. If it does..you guys better buy a copy!

It's also nice to see people that haven't read my fanfiction read this. It's been really interesting to see which characters people like and which ones people hate. I wonder...for those of you that don't know me so well, can tell who inspired some of my characters. I also wonder if I'll ever run out of female names that I like beginning with the letter A.

There's so much of me in my characters...at times I feel like Alex could be an extension of me, but I've done that with alot of characters before. If you've read my fanfiction, you know Angie is my favorite little bimbo. She's the main character in the fanfiction about Greg Proops called Man Out of Time and the Danny Elfman fanfiction called We Close Our Eyes. I'm also rather partial to Angelina who's in my (needs to be worked on) vampire story, Not My Slave. My favorite character is Alexandra from the story Distorted Angel.

I'm also wondering if I'll ever run out of song titles to use as titles. As you can see, I've titled all of my stories after my favorite songs. Man Out of Time is an Elvis Costello song that appears on the CD Imperial Bedroom. As the music whore I highly recommend this album to everyone.

I used to think that I knew how I wanted this story to end, but my characters have taken over...and now I'm not quite sure. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out eventually.

0 comments: