Monday, May 26, 2003

"Love me two time baby...I'm gone away.."

Ok, today I rant. Why? Cos I'm bored and ranting is fun. Today's rant is a musical rant of sorts. Allow me to begin.

1. Why when I state that I don't want to know a single thing about the significant others of my concubines do people procede to tell stories about them? Three people I don't give a damn about, no wait 4. Marie Hayward, Diana (Cowunt Crawfish) Krall, Bridget Fonda..and Jennifer Proops. As Paul Carrack wrote...My world will turn without you....

2. If the record industry would like us to stop downloading music, why won't they reissue some older records. Half the stuff I download is out of print, or just damn hard to find. Right now, I'm hunting down the back catalogs of Nick Lowe, the Moody Blues and the Moody Blues lead singer Justin Hayward. ARGH! It's been a bitch I tell you.

3. There were way to many metal bands in the 80's and very few of the them were good, yet VH-1 classic devotes several hours a day to them.

4. If it came from the 70's there is a good chance that it was ugly and downright creepy. Yes there are exceptions..Bowie, Costello, Roxy Music...my Moody's...ABBA...but the vast majority of 70's music is creepy and hard on the eyes and the ears.

5. Anyone who can write lyrics like this ...is either a genius or a mad man...or both

There's a turkey in your house get him out
Get the turkey out
Get him out of the house
Get him out
There's a turkey in the house get him out
Get the turkey out
Get him out of the house
Get him out

Get turkey out of the house
Get turkey out of the house get him out
Get the turkey out get him out

There's a rhino in the room get him out
Get him out of the room
Get the rhino out
Get him out
There's a rhino in the room get him out
Get him out of the room
Get the rhino out
Get him out

Get rhino out of the room
Get rhino out of the room get him out
Get the rhino out get him out Get turkey out of the house
Get turkey out of the house get him out
Get the turkey out get him out
Get that turkey out

Yes that's an actual song...yes it's been recorded...and yes..it sounds as funny as you think it does.

6. No decent concerts in Pittsburgh!!! Yes our fair city sux on the concert circuit. We get Elvis Costello once every 13 years..and the Moody Blues on the twelth of never...along with Erasure and countless others..What do we get..CRAP! If the White Stripes show up here..I'm killing myself...

7. Why is it when you have all day to watch Vh-1 Classic they play boring videos..1 more Doors video and I'm going off the deep end.

8. Backup singers are a truly frightening species..Some of the scariest.. Duran's Lamya from the 93 tour. Eric Clapton's 70's staples Marcy Levy and Yvonne Ellimen...and those hideous things that were on the Red Rocks DVD with my Moodies!!

9. Something more horrifying to me..than the Velvet Underground...The Cowboy Junkies covering the Velvet Underground. What the hell did they do to "Sweet Jane"!?! Makes me want to hear Lou Reed! If you can believe that!

10. When you have time to devote to downloading and making mix cds, why is it you can't find a damn thing online to grab..or when you do it's in queue of about 100.

0 comments: