Monday, May 05, 2003

An episode of Brad....Sherwood that is

Well as you all know, I went to the Improv at the Waterfront last night to see Brad Sherwood from Whose Line. Wootness! is about the only word that sums up the evening entirely. I've never been a good reviewer, but I'm going to give it a go, from a personal perspective, and then hopefully by this evening post pictures. If not the pictures will be forthcoming in the next few days.

First of all, when going to the Improv and eating, just buy appetisers, they are expensive enough. Also unless you are overflowing with money, buy non alcoholic bevvies or coffee. A margarita costs close to 8 bucks! Crikey. Just a few tips. The food is actually pretty good though, but you didn't want to hear about that.

Onto Mr. Sherwood, I think. He came into the place at about 15 minutes to 7, and he signed autographs for a few people. Well, me being the pushy bitch that I am, I grabbed pen paper my evil sisters and my real sister...and we went after him. He was very nice and personable, and answered our questions. We also had our picture taken with him. Actually several but those were later :D

The show was funny, fabulously funny actually. It put everything that you see on Whose Line to shame. They started off with Superheros...The four of us, being huge gutterminds...yell out "Extremely Large Penis Man" which won out over "Anal Beads" ..both became ongoing jokes for the evening. The next game had Brad pulling a married couple from the audience for the game, where he and his partner Dave would act out what their married life would be like and they had to ring a bell when they behaved like their spouse or honk if they didn't...That's one marriage that's on the rocks now... :D

They did a game of sound effects...and boy were the 2 people pulled up bad. But that always makes the game a bit more fun..Especially when the female is so nervous she can barely make a sound.

The detective game was the best. Dave, Brad's improviser in crime, left the room for a bit, and we came up with a strange crime he committed..Let me see if I remember it. He bit his toe nails and played accordian with his prehensil (sp) tail in Charleroi (my hometown and suggestion) at Munchkinland in Phipp's Conservatory and a Bonsai Tree was evidence...It took 45 minutes for Dave to guess everything!

My favorite game was Moving People. Why? Cos I got called up on stage to play! Wootness! Brad made my day! The best part, as I walk to the stage in disbelief, is that I got to move Brad. I like everyone else have a rough time with the game, but hey I got to touch Brad's ass. That in itself was worth it. Though my lasting memory was when they announced the game..I just let out the most evil laughter, which got a great reaction from Mr. Sherwood!

The last game was not quite scene to rap. Brad pulled someone out of the audience to rap with him. An older retiree from St Clairsville Ohio that liked the Steelers and Golf...he became MC Ray..and oh was he great. He danced and rapped right along with Brad. It was fantastic. The perfect end to the show.

We waited outside afterwards and got a few more pictures. Brad was such a sweetie. I'm so glad I went. I'll post the pics as soon as they are developed!

0 comments: