Sunday, May 04, 2003

It Came from the 80's

Ok this is one of the many topics of the day. I have an 80's Group on Yahoo. I try to keep it active...So I was looking to see if I could find a survey or something fun dealing with 80's music or something 80's related when I happened upon this site. It's called the 80's server. It's a great site with alot of tidbits on bands..movies and tv shows of the 80's.

Since I'm on the topic of the 80's I'll list a few of my 80's favorites

Bands/Artists

1. Duran Duran
2. Depeche Mode
3. Erasure
4. Oingo Boingo
5. Cyndi Lauper

I'm leaving Elvis Costello and Madonna off the list of favorites..because they are timeless..but I will sing a few bars of Spandau Ballet's True to make David and Brighid cringe :

(steps up to the mic)

So true funny how it seems
always in time, but never in line for dreams
Head over heels when toe to toe
This is the sound of my soul,
this is the sound
I bought a ticket to the world,
but now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be said


I just had to do that....

Ok..now onto the Movies of the 80's that I'll always love.

1. Dangerous Liasions
2. Edward Scissorhands
3. Beetlejuice
4. Who's that Girl
5. Making Mr. Right

Oh and lastly..my favorite 80's videos...

1. Nik Kershaw - The Riddle (my god he was a pretty boy)
2. Duran Duran - Do You Believe in Shame
3. Madonna - Express Yourself
4. The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
5. Arcadia - The Flame

I think there were countless videos that I adored. I think the charm of some of the cheaper videos. Elvis Costello did the cheapest videos..so were the ones done by Nick Lowe..and they were fantastic in that cheesy cheap way that makes you giggle.

0 comments: