Monday, April 14, 2003

Nick Lowe...Nick Lowe...Nick Lowe...

I just want to share with everyone the beauty that is Nick Lowe. The sad thing about this obsession, very few kewl websites out there in his honor. The one I've linked here hasn't been updated since...2001. That's so wrong.

I have managed to find one really pretty picture of Mr. Lowe. Let me tell you, this was not an easy task. Though anyone who knows me knows that if there is a picture to be found, I will find it. I think this one is rather pretty.



I will admit to being attracted first to the really pop sounding songs of his, Cruel to Be Kind got me started. I will admit to loving the Rose of England, his cover of Elvis Costello's Indoor Fireworks and Freezing. In the last few days I've downloaded close to 30 of his songs. I also went out and bought Basher yesterday. Though if anyone out there loves me...A copy of the boxed set the Doings will be forthcoming, that and the Convincer.

Why do I always have to like prolific artists? It's bad enough that Elvis cost me several hundred dollars in actual legitimate cds. We won't even mention what I spent on bootlegs before I started to trade them. ARGH!