Saturday, April 19, 2003

It's a fry by day and a froze by night

Ehm, yeah, that's the song quote of the day. For some reason I find that line to be truly amusing. Something about Mr. Nick Lowe has been keeping me well amused lately.

I don't know if I should thank Elvis for this interest I've acquired in Mr. Lowe's music, or if I should simply thank Vh-1 Classic for playing his videos. I've actually seen a few on the channel now, and it definitely brings a smile to my face when I do. Something about cheesy 80's videos just makes me grin. Oh and speaking of cheesy Elvis has the market cornered on chesse when it comes to videos. Dear Lord his videos were just so...ehm...BAD! They were bad in that way that is good. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, I've strayed from my topic which is Mr. Nick Lowe. I was finally able to find a few pictures of the man. It's funny, but I look at him and I see a very kind face. A face that I'd like to know. Strange but oh well.

Here's one of the pictures that I've found



I think it's really funny that I can't find many pictures of the young Mr. Lowe. Which is quite a pretty sight.

And Speaking of pretty sights, I just found the picture of Simon and Nick of Duran Duran from the Gap Ads from a few years back. These ads really made the guys look, well, HOT! Ok, I can tell finding a good musical mix for today is going to be quite difficult. The mix of Nick Lowe, Elvis Costello and Duran Duran is kinda freaky. Not that I haven't done that before. I made a mix cds of my favorite concubines which consisted of songs by Elvis Costello, Oingo Boingo, Duran Duran and Erasure. So I guess whether or not the sounds go together is not something I care about. But anyway, I promised a picture so here it is...



Just wanted to share some photo goodness with ya before I disappear for the afternoon. Enjoy!