Sunday, April 20, 2003

Lack of Inspiration and too much cd burning causes madness

Truly when you find yourself on a cd burning binge you can lose the last vestiges of your sanity. Frankly when the 43 discs are burned tonight I'm doing the happy dance. Why you might ask? Well it's remarkably difficult to do much of anything when you are burning that many cds. Cos it's inevitable that you will make a few shiny silver coasters or your puter will freeze if you undertake a project, like, let's say, updating Man Out of Time... So hopefully in a few hours I'll be good to go. Wootness.

Too much Vh-1 Classic can also mess with the brain. Right now I'm watching a Manfred Mann video for the Mighty Quinn. I'm always amused by the videos from the 60s, cos they are rather...odd, especially if they aren't performance clips. To this day, my favorite truly classic video is Nancy Sinatra's These Boots video. I've also noticed they never ever ever play any Beatles videos when I watch. I think it's because I have a strong desire to see the clip of Ticket to Ride from the movie Help!

Speaking of Help! When is this movie going to get DVD release? I thought it was going to happen shortly after the release of A Hard Day's Night. Help! was truly a funny...fantastic..movie. Ya know I just watch it to see my Georgie! (sniff) I so miss him. Mr. Harrison was my favorite Beatle. Why is it that the Beatles are half gone now, and the Rolling Stones are still alive and kicking? I might also add as ugly as they ever were.

I feel much better now that they are playing a Paul McCartney video. It's No More Lonely Nights, which was one of my favorite songs in the 80's. I was such a Beatles whore in the 80's. I might also add that Pauly looked dishy in the 80's. He may not have been making spectacular music, but he's always made good music. Sadly I'm now in the mood to find Give My Regards to Broad Street and watch it. I know it's a bad movie, but it's quite fun. It's also nice to see Linda and Ringo as well.

I've also decided that I'm going to spend the evening coming up with a few more mixes...Cos well, I've been rather lax in that area. Though right now I have the urge to turn the telly up and start singing Daydream Believer at the top of my lungs... Uh yeah, Monkee fan here. Yup Davy was my favorite..I will not hang my head in shame either. the Monkees were good tv, and well cute fun music too.

0 comments: